Summer and Fall (6 positions available)
The purpose of the Internship is to offer undergraduate and/or graduate students interested in the fields of nonprofit organizations, meetings, fundraising and communications the opportunity to learn hands-on skills and build their resumes.
- Manage social networks, events, and other happenings at JFD via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and microsites.
- Develop and implement marketing initiatives and approaches for promoting JFD's mission.
- Manage the assistive device program.
- Assist with creative concept for social functions including president’s celebration dinner.
- Assist with the development and logistics of business and civic presentations.
- Assist with planning of bi-annual Board meetings.
- Manage email inbox and voicemail.
- Assist with various aspects of presentation planning duties as needed.
- Assist with preparing marketing materials for businesses, civic groups and donors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have some proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as ability to create and manage social networking accounts.
- Experience with event planning in some capacity is preferred.
- Coursework in marketing, PR, event planning, or similar fields is helpful.